Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cab nearly ran me down at pedestrian crossing

SHD2066G from prime taxi nearly knocked my wife and I at a pedestrian crossing near Lot 1 CCK from 9.50am to 10am on 10 Sept 2013. The driver saw us and drove by nonchalantly. No courtesy, and didn't acknowledge our presence. Moreover, he drove by even though I raised my hand as gesture to indicate that I'm about to cross as well as a thank you note. I guess that meant nothing to him.

I tried calling the Prime taxi customer number and the person at the other end asked me to hold. Unfortunately, she couldn't place my call to the complaint line and referred me to a handphone number. I chose to write in from the feedback form on Prime Taxi website relating my worry about this driver and asked them to advice the driver to adhere to road regulation. There was no reply/acknowledgement after more than a month. I assumed my message got sent to junk mail.

To those using the pedestrian crossing, just be careful. Remind loved ones to always walk cautiously even when on pedestrian crossing. I have always thought that raising your hand would be indicative to drivers to stop, but it's not fool-proof either.

No comments:

Post a Comment